Thursday, April 21, 2011

New ventures, new focus

Heya!
New on the drawing board this time is a character. I had an opportunity to really double-down on my character modeling, rigging and animation skills the last few months, and decided to bring them all together in a portfolio project that I've been kicking around: The Grandmaster!

Initial concepts of The Grandmaster from my sketchpad

More sketchpad pieces. Figuring out costuming and proportions...


The inital idea for the Grandmaster was to challenge myself to create a non-human character as part of a Mudbox contest on cghub.com. The idea was for an aged warrior from an anthropomorphic bird race. The biggest challenge was figuring out his hands.


Base mesh starting in 3DS Max

Back view - Wireframe - still working out mesh flow here.

Big update here. Added wing details and head!

Back view. Feathers on wings!

Head Detail shot!

As you can see, he's still a work in progress, but I'll keep you posted as he develops!

Take care!
-Jason


No comments: